One of the toughest times in parenting is when your teen rebels. Here a few tips that might help:
- Reassess your rules. Then write out a contract with non-negotiable consequences, and have your teen sign it.
- Set aside a specific time each day to ensure your teen receives positive attention.
- Care for yourself, nurture your relationship with your spouse and stay united in your decisions concerning your adolescent.
- If necessary, find a Christian therapist or pastor who understands teens. If your child will not go, consider going yourself to deal with the anger, frustration and heartache that accompany parenting a rebellious teen.
- Realize that a teen's choices are just that: her choices. Continue to monitor, guide and dissuade with a spirit of love, not guilt.
- Pray for your child. Ask for God's mercy and protection on her. Pray for wisdom in your parenting practices.
- Tell your teen every day that you love her.